Father saves his family from kitchen fire in New Drove, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech father saved his wife and children by making sure they were out of their New Drove house when a fire started in the kitchen.
Homeowner Michael Chapman put the fire out using a two pint glass after ensuring that the power to the cooker was isolated.
The kitchen caught fire on Thursday (15) after a grill pan caught alight during cooking.
“If I had left it, it would have been a lot worse,” he said.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus then used positive pressure ventilation fans to clear smoke.
You may also want to watch:
The two residents were treated for smoke inhalation and the children were not affected.
The cause of the fire was accidental by person.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Always make sure grease is cleared up before cooking, as build ups can easily set alight.”