Wisbech man died in a series of collisions at Peterborough
- Credit: Terry Harris / PaperPix.co.uk
A man who died after being involved in three collisions on the A47 near Peterborough has been named as John Paul Capstick, of Wisbech.
The 57 year old from Cox Close, was driving a white Kia Picanto when he was involved in the five vehicle collision.
The incident happened on Tuesday (February 27) at around 9.45am between Sutton and Wansford.
Police say all three crashes were on the same stretch of road between Castor and Wansford at 9.45am.
Ambulance, fire and an air ambulance were scrambled to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The first collision happened at the Castor roundabout and involved a VW Golf and a second vehicle.
The second took place at the Sutton junction, involving a white van and another vehicle – nobody was injured in either incident.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 3 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
It was the third and final crash, though - involving three cars between the Sutton turning and the Upton roundabout – that required an air ambulance to land.
The road was closed at 9.45am and re-opened at 3.08pm.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “One crew from Dogsthorpe and one crew from Stanground were called. Firefighters arrived to find a collision involving three vehicles.
“Working with ambulance crews they released one male casualty who was taken to hospital by ambulance.
“The casualty sadly died.”
No arrests have been made and anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting CC-27022018-0095.