Man dies in car crash near King’s Lynn after his Ford Focus ‘collided with tree’ before overturning
- Credit: Archant
A man has died this morning after his Ford Focus car collided with a tree before overturning in a field in Wiggenhall St Germans near King’s Lynn.
Police in Norfolk confirmed that the man was pronounced dead at the scene along Magdalen High Road at around 12.35am on March 20.
The stretch where it happened has recently been resurfaced and signs warn drivers to slow down because of the risk of skidding on loose chippings.
A police spokesman said: “Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal road traffic collision in Wiggenhall St Germans near King’s Lynn.
“Officers were called to reports a grey Ford Focus had been in collision with a tree before overturning and coming to rest in a field on Magdalen High Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly the male driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Firefighters from King’s Lynn were among the emergency services which attended.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
The road was closed while police carried out their investigations, but has since reopened.
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision or anyone that saw the man driving before the fatal crash which ended in the Norfolk field.
The spokesman added: “Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the man’s driving should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Norfolk Police on 101.”