Man dies in car crash near King’s Lynn after his Ford Focus ‘collided with tree’ before overturning
- Credit: Archant
A man has died this morning after his Ford Focus car collided with a tree before overturning in a field in Wiggenhall St Germans near King’s Lynn.
Police in Norfolk confirmed that the man was pronounced dead at the scene along Magdalen High Road at around 12.35am on March 20.
The stretch where it happened has recently been resurfaced and signs warn drivers to slow down because of the risk of skidding on loose chippings.
A police spokesman said: “Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal road traffic collision in Wiggenhall St Germans near King’s Lynn.
“Officers were called to reports a grey Ford Focus had been in collision with a tree before overturning and coming to rest in a field on Magdalen High Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly the male driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Firefighters from King’s Lynn were among the emergency services which attended.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The road was closed while police carried out their investigations, but has since reopened.
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision or anyone that saw the man driving before the fatal crash which ended in the Norfolk field.
The spokesman added: “Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the man’s driving should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Norfolk Police on 101.”