Fatal accident kills motorist
A MOTORIST has died this afternoon (Friday) in a fatal accident a mile from Whitemoor Prison on the outskirts of March.Initial support say a man, aged about 35, died after the car he was driving left Graysmoor Drove, between March and Coldham, and entered a water-filled
A MOTORIST has died this afternoon (Friday) in a fatal accident a mile from Whitemoor Prison on the outskirts of March.
Initial support say a man, aged about 35, died after the car he was driving left Graysmoor Drove, between March and Coldham, and entered a water-filled ditch.
Police officers, a total of five fire engines, a land ambulance and the air ambulance were all called at 1.09pm to reports that the vehicle left the road.
Emergency crews rescued the casualty from the car and tried unsuccessfully to save the motorist involved.
You may also want to watch:
Eye witnesses say no other vehicle was involved and police closed off Graysmoor Drove at its junction with the Twenty Foot Road.
A recovery vehicle soon followed to retrieve the car from the ditch and left the scene at 4.20pm. Graysmoor Drove remains closed.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
The body has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn. A police spokeswoman said police were “having difficulty tracing the person involved”.
It is the second accident this year already in which the occupant of a car died after it left the road and entered a Fenland ditch.
Last month, nine-year-old Charlotte Walker from Tipp’s End, near Welney, died after the car she was travelling in left the road and entered the Sixteen Foot Drain near Bedlam Bridge, March.