Fatal accident kills motorist
A MOTORIST has died this afternoon (Friday) in a fatal accident a mile from Whitemoor Prison on the outskirts of March.Initial support say a man, aged about 35, died after the car he was driving left Graysmoor Drove, between March and Coldham, and entered a water-filled
A MOTORIST has died this afternoon (Friday) in a fatal accident a mile from Whitemoor Prison on the outskirts of March.
Initial support say a man, aged about 35, died after the car he was driving left Graysmoor Drove, between March and Coldham, and entered a water-filled ditch.
Police officers, a total of five fire engines, a land ambulance and the air ambulance were all called at 1.09pm to reports that the vehicle left the road.
Emergency crews rescued the casualty from the car and tried unsuccessfully to save the motorist involved.
You may also want to watch:
Eye witnesses say no other vehicle was involved and police closed off Graysmoor Drove at its junction with the Twenty Foot Road.
A recovery vehicle soon followed to retrieve the car from the ditch and left the scene at 4.20pm. Graysmoor Drove remains closed.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
The body has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn. A police spokeswoman said police were “having difficulty tracing the person involved”.
It is the second accident this year already in which the occupant of a car died after it left the road and entered a Fenland ditch.
Last month, nine-year-old Charlotte Walker from Tipp’s End, near Welney, died after the car she was travelling in left the road and entered the Sixteen Foot Drain near Bedlam Bridge, March.