Storm Ciara: Footballing community rallies to raise nearly £1,000 in Wisbech Town fan fundraising appeal
- Credit: Archant
A fundraiser to help Wisbech Town FC get back on their feet after Storm Ciara ripped through its £13,000 stand has raised nearly £1,000.
A GoFundMe appeal launched by Wisbech fan Steve Campion was set up yesterday as club officials pondered over whether insurers will cover the cost of the damage.
The footballing community has come out in force to donate £990 to the cause to help reach an ambitious £10,000 target.
Writing on the GoFundMe page, Mr Campion said: "A small non-league club like Wisbech Town FC...when you lose a stand completely it's a disaster.
"So hopefully all non-league and league fans around the world might dip into their pockets and add a quid or two for the restoration of the stand that Storm Ciara has destroyed."
You may also want to watch:
It was estimated that the stand, which was destroyed on Sunday (February 9), could cost £20,000 to repair.
To donate, go to https://bit.ly/2HgEhQA.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary