Fancy a trip from King’s Lynn to Wisbech on a restored fishing boat from the 1900s?
- Credit: Archant
Do you fancy a trip from King’s Lynn to Wisbech on board a restored fishing boat from the 1900s? If yes, you’re in luck.
The fully-restored 1900 Baden Powell is setting sail from King’s Lynn to Wisbech later this month, with passenger trips available on July 22, 25 and 27.
The boat was built in 1900 in a boatyard on the River Nar by Walter Worfolk. He built the 34ft Baden Powell for £50.
A spokesman said: “Volunteers of the King’s Lynn Worfolk Boat Trust spent a decade building the Baden Powell and have saved an important part of the heritage of King’s Lynn.”
Trips to Wisbech are running over three separate days from Sunday July 22.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “King’s Lynn to Sutton Bridge on July 22 could take four hours and you will need to arrange your own transport to or from the various places.”
To book a trip and for more information visit: www.floatourboat.co.uk/book-trips
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online