Fancy a trip from King’s Lynn to Wisbech on a restored fishing boat from the 1900s?
- Credit: Archant
Do you fancy a trip from King’s Lynn to Wisbech on board a restored fishing boat from the 1900s? If yes, you’re in luck.
The fully-restored 1900 Baden Powell is setting sail from King’s Lynn to Wisbech later this month, with passenger trips available on July 22, 25 and 27.
The boat was built in 1900 in a boatyard on the River Nar by Walter Worfolk. He built the 34ft Baden Powell for £50.
A spokesman said: “Volunteers of the King’s Lynn Worfolk Boat Trust spent a decade building the Baden Powell and have saved an important part of the heritage of King’s Lynn.”
Trips to Wisbech are running over three separate days from Sunday July 22.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “King’s Lynn to Sutton Bridge on July 22 could take four hours and you will need to arrange your own transport to or from the various places.”
To book a trip and for more information visit: www.floatourboat.co.uk/book-trips
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k