Fancy a trip from King’s Lynn to Wisbech on a restored fishing boat from the 1900s?
- Credit: Archant
Do you fancy a trip from King’s Lynn to Wisbech on board a restored fishing boat from the 1900s? If yes, you’re in luck.
The fully-restored 1900 Baden Powell is setting sail from King’s Lynn to Wisbech later this month, with passenger trips available on July 22, 25 and 27.
The boat was built in 1900 in a boatyard on the River Nar by Walter Worfolk. He built the 34ft Baden Powell for £50.
A spokesman said: “Volunteers of the King’s Lynn Worfolk Boat Trust spent a decade building the Baden Powell and have saved an important part of the heritage of King’s Lynn.”
Trips to Wisbech are running over three separate days from Sunday July 22.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “King’s Lynn to Sutton Bridge on July 22 could take four hours and you will need to arrange your own transport to or from the various places.”
To book a trip and for more information visit: www.floatourboat.co.uk/book-trips
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000