Family fun for the Arles Festival in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Arles festival is coming to Wisbech with fun and activities for the whole family.
The event is on Sunday July 16 in the Market Place, between 10am and 3pm.
Opened by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Steve Tierney, he will arrive on Vivien the fire engine.
There will be face painting, food stalls, children’s rides and historic vehicles.
Enjoy dancing from the Pig Dyke Molly dancers and the Nine Lives Theatre company, singing from Michele Larkin and music from Keith Aplin and his squeeze box.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors from Arles will be there, some of whom will be in their local costume, and celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Lions Club with representatives from both Wisbech and Arles Lions Clubs.
There will be a display of posters from a competition from local schools with the winning poster being judged by the Mayor of Wisbech prior to the festival.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000