Family fun for the Arles Festival in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Arles festival is coming to Wisbech with fun and activities for the whole family.
The event is on Sunday July 16 in the Market Place, between 10am and 3pm.
Opened by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Steve Tierney, he will arrive on Vivien the fire engine.
There will be face painting, food stalls, children’s rides and historic vehicles.
Enjoy dancing from the Pig Dyke Molly dancers and the Nine Lives Theatre company, singing from Michele Larkin and music from Keith Aplin and his squeeze box.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors from Arles will be there, some of whom will be in their local costume, and celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Lions Club with representatives from both Wisbech and Arles Lions Clubs.
There will be a display of posters from a competition from local schools with the winning poster being judged by the Mayor of Wisbech prior to the festival.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k