Family fun day coming to the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Families enjoyed a day of fun with the children for the summer holidays at the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech.
It was such a success that organisers say they will hold another on Thursday 24, just before the Bank Holiday, with more rides, more competitions and more ways to keep the little ones entertained.
At the latest event there was face painting, a fairground ride, and balloon modelling, stalls and attractions that organisers said were real crowd pleasers.
New to the popular event was the horse hunt window competition which saw more than 200 children taking part.
Numbered horses were placed in the windows of stores throughout the centre, with children having to complete a checklist to find them all.
You may also want to watch:
A shopping centres spokesman said: “The face painters and balloon modelling were nonstop from 10 in the morning, as were the fairground rides. “With summer music playing throughout the centre, all of the shops agreed that the whole place came alive with the joys of summer, with an estimated 400 children visiting to take part in the activities, all going away with a smile on their brightly painted faces.”
Around 40 parents signed up to the Horsefair’s new Kids Club scheme, which provides activities and events throughout the summer to help make shopping trips happier and less stressful.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family