Families enjoy picnic at Wisbech Park
- Credit: Archant
Around 20 people enjoyed a picnic at Wisbech Park over the weekend.
After meeting by the playground at lunchtime, families and friends ate a picnic together before the children played in the playground.
The event was organised by Messy Wisbech, a monthly all-age church service which is held in the Queen Mary Centre and run by The King’s Church.
Matt McChlery, one of the organisers, said: “We have families, children and old grannies coming along to Messy Church.
“There are craft activities, songs with a message and then we finish by eating a meal together.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought a picnic would be something different to do in the summer holidays, to catch up with each other.”
At the end of July, Messy Church organised a day trip to Hunstanton beach.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
A spokesman said: “Messy Church is a fun, creative, all-age way of doing and being church.”
The next Messy Church event is on September 9.
For more information visit www.messywisbech.org.uk or search @messywisbech on Facebook.