Tree knocked down by heavy winds wipes out power cables
- Credit: Policing Fenland
Police managed to reopen a road just in time for rush hour traffic this morning after a fallen down tree wiped out power cables at around 4am.
Heavy winds overnight caused a tree to fall on Dowgate Road in Leverington this morning, leaving debris across the road and knocking down a power cable post.
Officers were forced to close the road while the scene was cleared by a JCB vehicle and while UK Power Networks dealt with the fallen wires.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said at around 3.50am: “Dowgate Road, Leverington is closed due to a fallen tree which has taken out the power cables at the location.
“UK Power networks are on scene dealing.”
You may also want to watch:
Just two hours later they posted: “Dowgate Road, Leverington has re-opened following repairs to a power line.”
“Bit of excitement to watch. Well done and stay safe,” said one resident.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad