NSPCC condemns Fakenham rapist as ‘despicable sexual predator’
- Credit: Archant
The NSPCC has condemned a Norfolk man who was sentenced to 16 years in jail at his retrial yesterday.
Karl Raine appeared at Norwich Crown Court on March 15 having been found guilty of one count of rape with a girl under 13, two of sexual activity with a child, and three counts of making and taking indecent images of a child.
Raine’s address was given as Warren Avenue, Fakenham, when he was found guilty by jury on Tuesday.
An NSPCC spokesperson said: “Raine is a despicable sexual predator who subjected a young girl to horrific abuse and showed no remorse as he consistently refused to admit his crimes.
“He will spend a long time behind bars thanks, in part, to his victim’s extraordinary courage in giving evidence against her abuser in court.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s vital that young witnesses, especially victims, are fully supported when giving evidence and action is taken to prevent re-traumatising children who have experienced or witnessed abuse.
“Children should also know that they will get support when they speak out and Childline is available free of charge 24/7 on 0800 1111 for help and advice.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 7 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid