Students get behind the scenes tour of the Lamb Weston factory in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Students from a Wisbech school were treated to a behind the scenes tour of a food factory to learn how products make it to the shelves.
Sixth formers from Meadowgate Academy were on a fact-finding mission to discover what really goes on at the Lamb Weston factory as part of their careers education.
They were given a presentation about the company and its role in providing potato products to retailers and outlets.
They then were kitted out in personal protective equipment to make a tour of the factory itself.
After the tour, the students got to try some of the products produced at the Wisbech site.
You may also want to watch:
On their return to school, the students prepared a presentation to show their fellow students what they had learned.
Emma Bird, sixth form co-ordinator, said: “It was a fascinating visit and we would like to thank Martin Johnson, Penny Moseley and Darren for organising such an excellent event.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
“It was a brilliant example of employers engaging with local students to broaden their knowledge of the food industry and careers.”