Students get behind the scenes tour of the Lamb Weston factory in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Students from a Wisbech school were treated to a behind the scenes tour of a food factory to learn how products make it to the shelves.
Sixth formers from Meadowgate Academy were on a fact-finding mission to discover what really goes on at the Lamb Weston factory as part of their careers education.
They were given a presentation about the company and its role in providing potato products to retailers and outlets.
They then were kitted out in personal protective equipment to make a tour of the factory itself.
After the tour, the students got to try some of the products produced at the Wisbech site.
You may also want to watch:
On their return to school, the students prepared a presentation to show their fellow students what they had learned.
Emma Bird, sixth form co-ordinator, said: “It was a fascinating visit and we would like to thank Martin Johnson, Penny Moseley and Darren for organising such an excellent event.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory
- 8 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 9 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
“It was a brilliant example of employers engaging with local students to broaden their knowledge of the food industry and careers.”