Students get behind the scenes tour of the Lamb Weston factory in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Students from a Wisbech school were treated to a behind the scenes tour of a food factory to learn how products make it to the shelves.
Sixth formers from Meadowgate Academy were on a fact-finding mission to discover what really goes on at the Lamb Weston factory as part of their careers education.
They were given a presentation about the company and its role in providing potato products to retailers and outlets.
They then were kitted out in personal protective equipment to make a tour of the factory itself.
After the tour, the students got to try some of the products produced at the Wisbech site.
You may also want to watch:
On their return to school, the students prepared a presentation to show their fellow students what they had learned.
Emma Bird, sixth form co-ordinator, said: “It was a fascinating visit and we would like to thank Martin Johnson, Penny Moseley and Darren for organising such an excellent event.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
“It was a brilliant example of employers engaging with local students to broaden their knowledge of the food industry and careers.”