FA Cup at the Cambs Times and Fenland Park
THE FA Cup trophy is in Fenland today. Wisbech Town Football Club will play their last FA Cup match at Fenland Park on Saturday and to mark the occasion, the trophy is being brought to the stadium today for a photo shoot with the club s players, managemen
THE FA Cup trophy is in Fenland today.
Wisbech Town Football Club will play their last FA Cup match at Fenland Park on Saturday and to mark the occasion, the trophy is being brought to the stadium today for a photo shoot with the club's players, management, officials and fans.
The 175oz trophy was brought to the Cambs Times office in March on the way to the ground.
We opened up our doors to the public and people had their pictures taken with the famous trophy by our photographer Brian Purdy.
You may also want to watch:
Nick O'Donoghue, from e.on who sponsor the FA Cup, said: "The FA Cup is for everyone from Man Utd to the non-league clubs.
"We thought it's a great story about Wisbech Town FC and were only too happy to bring along the trophy to mark the occasion."
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
He added: "The trophy itself is priceless."
The FA Cup is the oldest football competition in the world.
It was first played in the 1871-72 season.
It was played at the old Wembley Stadium in 1923 when Bolton beat West Ham 2-0.