FA Cup at the Cambs Times and Fenland Park
THE FA Cup trophy is in Fenland today. Wisbech Town Football Club will play their last FA Cup match at Fenland Park on Saturday and to mark the occasion, the trophy is being brought to the stadium today for a photo shoot with the club s players, managemen
THE FA Cup trophy is in Fenland today.
Wisbech Town Football Club will play their last FA Cup match at Fenland Park on Saturday and to mark the occasion, the trophy is being brought to the stadium today for a photo shoot with the club's players, management, officials and fans.
The 175oz trophy was brought to the Cambs Times office in March on the way to the ground.
We opened up our doors to the public and people had their pictures taken with the famous trophy by our photographer Brian Purdy.
Nick O'Donoghue, from e.on who sponsor the FA Cup, said: "The FA Cup is for everyone from Man Utd to the non-league clubs.
"We thought it's a great story about Wisbech Town FC and were only too happy to bring along the trophy to mark the occasion."
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
- 9 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
He added: "The trophy itself is priceless."
The FA Cup is the oldest football competition in the world.
It was first played in the 1871-72 season.
It was played at the old Wembley Stadium in 1923 when Bolton beat West Ham 2-0.