Woman, 20, receives minor injuries after her black Mini careers into Fenland home after two vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland couple got an unexpected wake up call today when a black Mini careered into their home.
The driver, a 20-year-old woman, received only minor injuries.
Police say the Mini had been involved in a two car collision "which resulted in one vehicle hitting the house."
Extensive damage has been caused to the luxury home at Harolds Bank, Gorefield, near Wisbech.
"The vehicle was recovered and structural engineers were called to assess the building," said a police spokesman.
The incident happened just before 7.30am.
Police released details of the incident late this afternoon - our reporter is now at the scene.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
More to follow.