Woman, 20, receives minor injuries after her black Mini careers into Fenland home after two vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland couple got an unexpected wake up call today when a black Mini careered into their home.
The driver, a 20-year-old woman, received only minor injuries.
Police say the Mini had been involved in a two car collision "which resulted in one vehicle hitting the house."
Extensive damage has been caused to the luxury home at Harolds Bank, Gorefield, near Wisbech.
"The vehicle was recovered and structural engineers were called to assess the building," said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened just before 7.30am.
Police released details of the incident late this afternoon - our reporter is now at the scene.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
More to follow.