Experience an evening of photographic memories of Wisbech next month at society lecture
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Society will begin its 2016/17 winter lecture season with An Evening of Photographic Memories of Wisbech next month.
Wisbech photographer Roger Rawson will share some of his collection of images and invite audience participation in recognising a few unknown locations on Monday November 14.
The lecture will take place in the Dwight Centre at Wisbech Grammar School.
“Now retired, Roger concentrates on the digital restoration of old prints and taking photographs of Wisbech to save for posterity – including some in places generally inaccessible to the public,” say the society.
“This promises to be a lively evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free for society members and under 18’s or £3 for non-members.
For more information contact Paul Eden, Wisbech Society press officer, on email@example.com or visit www.wisbech-society.co.uk
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition