Expect an evening of ‘raucous comedy’ with RATZ company at the Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Expect an evening of “raucous comedy” when Wisbech theatre company RATZ bring Jeeves and Wooster in Perfect Nonsense to the Angles Theatre.
“When a perfectly delightful trip to the countryside takes a turn for the worse, the aristocrat, Bertie Wooster is unwittingly called on to play matchmaker,” say promoters.
“He is tasked with reconciling the affections of his host‘s drippy daughter Madeline Bassett with his newt-fancying acquaintance Gussie Fink-Nottle.
“If Bertie can‘t pull off the wedding of the season he will be forced to abandon his
cherished bachelor status and marry the ghastly girl himself.
“Naturally, the ever dependable Jeeves is there to prevent Bertie from making a fool of himself in front of a cast of Wodehouse’s finest characters.”
Running from Thursday 23 to Saturday 25, the play from works of P. G. Wodehouse by the Goodale Brothers, won the ‘best new comedy’ award at the 2014 Olivier Awards.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
Each performance starts at 7.30pm.
Tickets; £10 in advance, available from www.anglestheatre.co.uk/jeeves-and-wooster.html or by calling the box office: 01945 474447.