Expect an evening of ‘raucous comedy’ with RATZ company at the Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Expect an evening of “raucous comedy” when Wisbech theatre company RATZ bring Jeeves and Wooster in Perfect Nonsense to the Angles Theatre.
“When a perfectly delightful trip to the countryside takes a turn for the worse, the aristocrat, Bertie Wooster is unwittingly called on to play matchmaker,” say promoters.
“He is tasked with reconciling the affections of his host‘s drippy daughter Madeline Bassett with his newt-fancying acquaintance Gussie Fink-Nottle.
“If Bertie can‘t pull off the wedding of the season he will be forced to abandon his
cherished bachelor status and marry the ghastly girl himself.
You may also want to watch:
“Naturally, the ever dependable Jeeves is there to prevent Bertie from making a fool of himself in front of a cast of Wodehouse’s finest characters.”
Running from Thursday 23 to Saturday 25, the play from works of P. G. Wodehouse by the Goodale Brothers, won the ‘best new comedy’ award at the 2014 Olivier Awards.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
Each performance starts at 7.30pm.
Tickets; £10 in advance, available from www.anglestheatre.co.uk/jeeves-and-wooster.html or by calling the box office: 01945 474447.