Exhibition spans a century
THE mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, will open a photographic exhibition tomorrow (Saturday) spanning more than 100 years of the town s history. The exhibition at Wisbech and Fenland Museum is called Peep into the Past and features 125 photog
THE mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, will open a photographic exhibition tomorrow (Saturday) spanning more than 100 years of the town's history.
The exhibition at Wisbech and Fenland Museum is called 'Peep into the Past' and features 125 photographs from 30 photographers.
Some of the photographers' cameras and plates will be on display and an exhibition catalogue contains detailed information on the photographs.
A highlight will be regular screenings of archive films of the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway.
You may also want to watch:
Local people are being invited to submit photographs on the theme 'Peep into the Future' to be included in the exhibition. The challenge will be to photograph something that will become a 'Peep into the Past' within 10 years.
After a two-month run in Wisbech the display will be offered on loan to rural communities.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres