EXCLUSIVE: NHS confirm its backing for ten extra care beds at Doddington Hospital
HEALTH chiefs confirmed late this afternoon that Doddington Hospital near March, Cambs, will now almost certainly move forward with an extra 10 intermediate care beds. The massive consultation on the future of Doddington, led by Cambridgeshire NHS, will d
HEALTH chiefs confirmed late this afternoon that Doddington Hospital near March, Cambs, will now almost certainly move forward with an extra 10 intermediate care beds.
The massive consultation on the future of Doddington, led by Cambridgeshire NHS, will deliver its verdict next Wednesday.
The recommendation will be to go ahead with what has been promoted as option three which is to open ten intermediate care beds at the site with an extra care capability for frail elderly people.
"Fenland District Council will be developing a number of these facilities across Fenland, including South Fenland and specifically the village of Doddington," says an NHS report.
You may also want to watch:
"Early discussions identified that the district council would be amenable to including an intermediate care unit within such a facility. This option would involve recommissioning the four beds that are located across the community."
Consultation on the future of health provision in South Fenland has been one of the largest ever seen locally with eight public meetings, one to one interviews, distribution of 2,500 consultation documents, 100 posters, and 462 questionnaires completed.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
A phone survey of nearly 400 people was also conducted and staff consulted for their views.
The report talks of Doddington being promoted as a centre of excellence which will help it to develop and attract staff.
Anyone is welcome at the NHS board meeting to discuss the recommendation which will take place on Wednesday 23 September 2009 at 5.00 pm in the South Fens Business Centre, Fenton Way, Chatteris, PE16 6TT