EXCLUSIVE: NHS confirm its backing for ten extra care beds at Doddington Hospital
HEALTH chiefs confirmed late this afternoon that Doddington Hospital near March, Cambs, will now almost certainly move forward with an extra 10 intermediate care beds. The massive consultation on the future of Doddington, led by Cambridgeshire NHS, will d
HEALTH chiefs confirmed late this afternoon that Doddington Hospital near March, Cambs, will now almost certainly move forward with an extra 10 intermediate care beds.
The massive consultation on the future of Doddington, led by Cambridgeshire NHS, will deliver its verdict next Wednesday.
The recommendation will be to go ahead with what has been promoted as option three which is to open ten intermediate care beds at the site with an extra care capability for frail elderly people.
"Fenland District Council will be developing a number of these facilities across Fenland, including South Fenland and specifically the village of Doddington," says an NHS report.
You may also want to watch:
"Early discussions identified that the district council would be amenable to including an intermediate care unit within such a facility. This option would involve recommissioning the four beds that are located across the community."
Consultation on the future of health provision in South Fenland has been one of the largest ever seen locally with eight public meetings, one to one interviews, distribution of 2,500 consultation documents, 100 posters, and 462 questionnaires completed.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
A phone survey of nearly 400 people was also conducted and staff consulted for their views.
The report talks of Doddington being promoted as a centre of excellence which will help it to develop and attract staff.
Anyone is welcome at the NHS board meeting to discuss the recommendation which will take place on Wednesday 23 September 2009 at 5.00 pm in the South Fens Business Centre, Fenton Way, Chatteris, PE16 6TT