‘Excellent’ teaching lands Wisbech nursery an ‘outstanding’ verdict from Ofsted
Children, parents and staff at Wisbech Day Nursery are celebrating after being given an “outstanding” grade from Ofsted after their inspection in September this year.
The education regulator’s report found children attending the nursery “develop an enthusiasm for learning from a very young age” and that throughout the nursery “children relish in the excellent teaching demonstrated.”
Staff at the nursery were described as “exceptional,” and were also praised for “going the extra mile” in supporting families which “contributes to the children’s success” at nursery.
First Steps Childcare Day Nursery was labelled “outstanding” in all four sections of Ofsted’s report, which include quality of teaching and outcomes for children. The nursery has received an upgrade from its previous grading of “good,” which it received in its last inspection which took place in June 2011.
Nursery manager and Co-director Sarah Vick expressed her delight in the nursery’s performance.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all extremely proud of this fantastic result - it makes all the hard work worth it,” she said.
“It’s great to have what we do recognised in this way”.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Mrs. Vick said the outstanding award was down to the experience and dedication of the team at Wisbech Day Nursery, which is based at Lynn Road, Wisbech.
Established in 2011, the nursery provides part-time and full-time childcare for children, offering full day care, breakfast and after school care and government funded education sessions for children aged two, three and four,