‘Excellent’ teaching lands Wisbech nursery an ‘outstanding’ verdict from Ofsted
Children, parents and staff at Wisbech Day Nursery are celebrating after being given an “outstanding” grade from Ofsted after their inspection in September this year.
The education regulator’s report found children attending the nursery “develop an enthusiasm for learning from a very young age” and that throughout the nursery “children relish in the excellent teaching demonstrated.”
Staff at the nursery were described as “exceptional,” and were also praised for “going the extra mile” in supporting families which “contributes to the children’s success” at nursery.
First Steps Childcare Day Nursery was labelled “outstanding” in all four sections of Ofsted’s report, which include quality of teaching and outcomes for children. The nursery has received an upgrade from its previous grading of “good,” which it received in its last inspection which took place in June 2011.
Nursery manager and Co-director Sarah Vick expressed her delight in the nursery’s performance.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all extremely proud of this fantastic result - it makes all the hard work worth it,” she said.
“It’s great to have what we do recognised in this way”.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
Mrs. Vick said the outstanding award was down to the experience and dedication of the team at Wisbech Day Nursery, which is based at Lynn Road, Wisbech.
Established in 2011, the nursery provides part-time and full-time childcare for children, offering full day care, breakfast and after school care and government funded education sessions for children aged two, three and four,