Excavation of Lynn Road hole in Wisbech expanded as Anglian Water works to find cause
EXCAVATION of the hole in Lynn Road, Wisbech, has today been extended to under the pavement to find the cause of the problem. The sewer underneath Lynn Road, close to the junction with Dehavilland Road, has collapsed for the second time in nine months. It
EXCAVATION of the hole in Lynn Road, Wisbech, has today been extended to under the pavement to find the cause of the problem.
The sewer underneath Lynn Road, close to the junction with Dehavilland Road, has collapsed for the second time in nine months.
It was discovered on Monday, when a crack about one foot square was investigated.
Anglian Water started excavation work on Tuesday to identify the cause of the problem and repair the sewer.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: "Our workers are still on-site investigating further what happened.
"We will not be able to get to the bottom of the problem until Friday because we have had to extend the excavation into the sewer under the pavement.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
"Workmen have to be quite mindful of water connections in the footpath and have to be careful where they dig."
The spokesman added that it's too early to tell whether this incident and the incident in June are linked. However, it is also hoped that answer will be known by Friday.
Work will take an estimated two weeks, with motorists advised to avoid the area.
A three-way traffic system is in operation around the works, which are causing massive tailbacks along Lynn Road in both directions.