Ex-boyfriend fined after smashing car windows
FURIOUS James Summers grabbed a Samurai sword after he broke into his former partner s bedroom and found her laying on the bed with another man. He then went outside, picked up a paving slab, and systematically smashed the windows of the man s Toyota car,
FURIOUS James Summers grabbed a Samurai sword after he broke into his former partner's bedroom and found her laying on the bed with another man.
He then went outside, picked up a paving slab, and systematically smashed the windows of the man's Toyota car, magistrates heard this week.
Appearing at Wisbech courthouse on Tuesday, 28-year-old Summers admitted causing £1,400 worth of damage to John Britchford's car.
Prosecuting, Andrew Williams said Summers and his former partner Nadine Burton had previously lived with Mr Britchford in Lime Avenue, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The couple split up amicably four weeks ago. On October 1 Ms Burton, and Mr Britchford lay on the bed to watch a DVD.
Ms Burton was awoken at 12.45am by someone shouting and swearing, and discovered that Summers had climbed into her bedroom through the window. After words were exchanged he grabbed the sword, which he had previously left in the property, and then went outside and smashed the car windows.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
"There is no suggestion that he threatened or used the sword in any way," he said.
Mitigating, Roger Glazebrook said Summers and Ms Burton had previously lived together in the same room he broke into that night.
"He wanted to see Nadine to sort things out, and when he got there is saw the other man on the bed with her," he said. "He reacted to that, taking out his violence on the car."
Summers was ordered to pay £535 compensation.