Over 5,000 expected for Wisbech’s annual Christmas Fayre this December
- Credit: Archant
More than 5,000 people are expected to attend Wisbech’s annual Christmas Fayre this year on Sunday, December 9.
Once again, the town will be filled with the sights, sounds and tastes of Christmas, with various stalls and attractions for all the family from 10am to 3pm.
There will be live performances on the Market Place, Horsefair and inside the town library. Plus, hot and festive food and drinks will be available.
Councillor Peter Murphy, the council’s portfolio holder responsible for markets and events, said: “For those who love the festive season, this is an event not to be missed.
“It always has a bustling festive atmosphere and once again there will be a wide range of products available, giving people an opportunity to pick up some great gifts.”
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers will find everything they need for the big day including fresh produce, confectionery, handmade crafts and unique gifts from stallholders and local businesses throughout the town centre to Museum Square.
Mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Peter Human, will be joining in the festivities and judging a Christmas fancy dress competition at 12pm, with prizes donated by Wisbech Rotary for the best dressed children and adults.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
There will also be a chance to show off your knowledge of Wisbech to win a prize – just pick up a quiz entry form from the Wisbech Lions’ sleigh next to Boots.
No Christmas Fayre would be complete without a visit from Father Christmas. Visitors will be able to meet him in the Horsefair Shopping Centre, next to Boots.
His real life reindeer will also be stopping by in nearby Hill Street, before they are needed for more pressing matters on Christmas Eve.
A spokesman said: “The children’s roundabouts next to the Christmas tree in the Market Place will be free of charge all day thanks to event sponsors such as Wisbech Town Council, who will also opening up Wisbech Castle for guided tours.
“Youngsters can also enjoy a free ride on a miniature steam train along Market Street to the library, where there will be children’s activities and refreshments.”
Free parking will be provided at all car parks including the Horsefair.
For more information, visit: @fenlandevents and @WisbechChristmasFayre on Facebook.