Popular singer who sung for Princess Diana to bring festive concert to Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
A popular baritone and tenor who sung for Princess Diana will bring an evening of songs and laughter to the Emmanuel Church in Parson Drove.
Jeff Woods, known as 'Pavanotti', will set the scene for the festive season with a mixture of show songs, opera favourites and Christmas sing-a-longs.
Jeff has enjoyed two careers as a singer and guest speaker, performing on board the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth.
He has also sung for Princess Diana and the Archbishop of Canterbury, as well as performing with some of Britain's leading opera companies.
He said: "There'll be fun and laughter, one or two surprises, and an opportunity to exercise your vocal chords in preparation for Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
"Emmanuel is a lovely church with wonderful acoustics, and I'm really looking forward to the concert."
Beautifully decorated Christmas trees donated by local businesses will also be on display at the church.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 3 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 4 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 8 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 9 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
Tickets are priced at £10 per person and will include a glass of wine or soft drink and nibbles.
The concert will take place at 6.30pm on December 13. All proceeds will go towards church funds.
Contact Barbara for more information on 01945 701033