Enjoy a pint in new pub
THE pub which had its name was chosen by a Wisbech Standard reader will open for business next week. The Case, at the former Horse Fair Clinic after an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group, will create about 20 full and part-time jobs. On hand to he
THE pub which had its name was chosen by a Wisbech Standard reader will open for business next week.
The Case, at the former Horse Fair Clinic after an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group, will create about 20 full and part-time jobs.
On hand to help with the opening - and to celebrate the fact he chose the name - will be Michael Neale of Wisbech.
"The Case was suggested by Mr Neale referencing the pub that was situated on the site years ago - The Case is Altered," said a Barracuda spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
"Barracuda Group aims to name its Smith & Jones pubs after a local or historical connection."
Staff training is well under way and the pub is ready for its grand opening on Wednesday.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
Wendy Hayward, manager, said: "We've got a fantastic opening night planned and I hope to bring something new to Wisbech with The Case - it will be an all-round high quality pub with a contemporary look, somewhere for customers to relax, socialise and enjoy top quality brands and great food."
Children will be welcome at The Case until 6pm and it will focus on a traditional pub format combined with high quality finishes. It will strive to get the balance just right between day and evenings creating a fresh and lively ambiance - somewhere you can go for a quick coffee and a Danish in the afternoon, an evening meal with friends or a fun night out at weekends."
Customers of The Case can take advantage of the S&J loyalty card which, for only £2, offers fantastic savings on food and drink offers.
The Case will open on Wednesday to invited guests from 5pm and to the public from 7pm.