Enjoy a pint in new pub
THE pub which had its name was chosen by a Wisbech Standard reader will open for business next week. The Case, at the former Horse Fair Clinic after an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group, will create about 20 full and part-time jobs. On hand to he
THE pub which had its name was chosen by a Wisbech Standard reader will open for business next week.
The Case, at the former Horse Fair Clinic after an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group, will create about 20 full and part-time jobs.
On hand to help with the opening - and to celebrate the fact he chose the name - will be Michael Neale of Wisbech.
"The Case was suggested by Mr Neale referencing the pub that was situated on the site years ago - The Case is Altered," said a Barracuda spokesman.
"Barracuda Group aims to name its Smith & Jones pubs after a local or historical connection."
Staff training is well under way and the pub is ready for its grand opening on Wednesday.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 8 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
Wendy Hayward, manager, said: "We've got a fantastic opening night planned and I hope to bring something new to Wisbech with The Case - it will be an all-round high quality pub with a contemporary look, somewhere for customers to relax, socialise and enjoy top quality brands and great food."
Children will be welcome at The Case until 6pm and it will focus on a traditional pub format combined with high quality finishes. It will strive to get the balance just right between day and evenings creating a fresh and lively ambiance - somewhere you can go for a quick coffee and a Danish in the afternoon, an evening meal with friends or a fun night out at weekends."
Customers of The Case can take advantage of the S&J loyalty card which, for only £2, offers fantastic savings on food and drink offers.
The Case will open on Wednesday to invited guests from 5pm and to the public from 7pm.