Enjoy a pint in new pub
THE pub which had its name was chosen by a Wisbech Standard reader will open for business next week. The Case, at the former Horse Fair Clinic after an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group, will create about 20 full and part-time jobs. On hand to he
THE pub which had its name was chosen by a Wisbech Standard reader will open for business next week.
The Case, at the former Horse Fair Clinic after an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group, will create about 20 full and part-time jobs.
On hand to help with the opening - and to celebrate the fact he chose the name - will be Michael Neale of Wisbech.
"The Case was suggested by Mr Neale referencing the pub that was situated on the site years ago - The Case is Altered," said a Barracuda spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
"Barracuda Group aims to name its Smith & Jones pubs after a local or historical connection."
Staff training is well under way and the pub is ready for its grand opening on Wednesday.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
Wendy Hayward, manager, said: "We've got a fantastic opening night planned and I hope to bring something new to Wisbech with The Case - it will be an all-round high quality pub with a contemporary look, somewhere for customers to relax, socialise and enjoy top quality brands and great food."
Children will be welcome at The Case until 6pm and it will focus on a traditional pub format combined with high quality finishes. It will strive to get the balance just right between day and evenings creating a fresh and lively ambiance - somewhere you can go for a quick coffee and a Danish in the afternoon, an evening meal with friends or a fun night out at weekends."
Customers of The Case can take advantage of the S&J loyalty card which, for only £2, offers fantastic savings on food and drink offers.
The Case will open on Wednesday to invited guests from 5pm and to the public from 7pm.