Chip shop to close early for staff to watch Euro 2020 England vs Ukraine
- Credit: Facebook - The Jolly Fryer
One of Fenland’s fish and chip shops is allowing staff to clock off early on Saturday afternoon to watch England play in the Euro 2020 quarter-final.
The Jolly Fryer in Wisbech is closing its doors an hour early on Saturday (July 3) to give its staff the chance to make it home in time for kick-off.
The popular takeaway is normally open until 8pm on Saturdays, but this week management have decided to do things a little differently ahead of the England vs Ukraine game.
In a statement on social media, they said: “This [the closure] is to enable our staff to be able to clean up and get home in time to watch England in the Euro 2020 quarter final.
“We are still running on a takeaway only basis and are currently frying new potatoes.”
You may also want to watch:
The takeaway has also left a polite reminder of their opening times for this week in a post on their Facebook page.
Is your boss letting you leave early to watch the big game on Saturday? Where do you plan to watch the match? Email: email@example.com
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 3 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 4 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 5 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 6 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 Showcase status for Academy
- 9 Men caught with cannabis at village park
- 10 Community orchard to launch next month