Emneth school near Wisbech says East Anglian Air Ambulance is our charity of the year
- Credit: Archant
Emneth Primary has chosen East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) as its charity of the year.
On Monday - the first day of National Air Ambulance Week - the school invited EAAA Fundraising Officer, Leanne Tyers to talk to the 200 students about the air ambulance and the importance of CPR.
Throughout the year, pupil, teachers and parents will get involved in fundraising initiatives to raise vital funds for the charity.
They will be holding a competition this term to design an EAAA poster and the winning design will be sent to the crew. It will be displayed on the walls of the new Cambridge base scheduled to be completed in December.
CPR awareness workshops will also be organised and students will learn lifesaving skills from an EAAA critical care paramedic.
You may also want to watch:
Local fundraising deputy, Leanne Tyers, said: “The Emneth school have lots of great fundraising ideas and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in with them!”
If you would like to find out more about EAAA in your school and our CPR awareness workshops for students, please contact Leanne Tyers on 01733 367209 or email@example.com.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
For more information on the work of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, visit www.eaaa.org.uk or call 08450 669 999. You can also follow us on Twitter at @EastAngliAirAmb or ‘like’ our Facebook page – East Anglian Air Ambulance Charity.