Emneth Primary School’s production of The Lion King is a ‘roaring’ success
A sell-out production of The Lion King that was a year in the making finally came to life last week – and it was a performance not to be missed.
Produced and performed by children from Emneth Primary School, preparation for the show – including professional auditions involving panels, parents and nervous would-be actors - began almost one year ago.
Thomas Abbs, deputy headteacher, said: “Talks between senior leadership teams, teachers and governors began, with the words of a potential ‘Lion King’ production being whispered through the school’s corridors.
“By September, it had become a reality: the rights to perform the show were purchased under strict license from Disney and this ‘thing’ was truly underway…”
Last Thursday the show came to life full of colour, with parents saying “it’s hard to believe it was performed by primary school children” and calling it “a performance that many adult amateur dramatic groups would be proud of”.
Councillor Steve Tierney, deputy mayor of Wisbech Town Council, said: “You would never believe they could put on a show as professional and impressive as this, just unbelievable, get a ticket.”
Words of encouragement were also received from Jonathan Andrew Hume (Simba himself from the Lion King West End) were even offered to the school before the opening night.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
“Good luck Emneth Primary School with your Lion King Jr production. Hope you have a ‘roaringly’ great time,” he said, adding, “if you missed this, you truly missed out.”