Emneth Primary School’s production of The Lion King is a ‘roaring’ success
A sell-out production of The Lion King that was a year in the making finally came to life last week – and it was a performance not to be missed.
Produced and performed by children from Emneth Primary School, preparation for the show – including professional auditions involving panels, parents and nervous would-be actors - began almost one year ago.
Thomas Abbs, deputy headteacher, said: “Talks between senior leadership teams, teachers and governors began, with the words of a potential ‘Lion King’ production being whispered through the school’s corridors.
“By September, it had become a reality: the rights to perform the show were purchased under strict license from Disney and this ‘thing’ was truly underway…”
Last Thursday the show came to life full of colour, with parents saying “it’s hard to believe it was performed by primary school children” and calling it “a performance that many adult amateur dramatic groups would be proud of”.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Steve Tierney, deputy mayor of Wisbech Town Council, said: “You would never believe they could put on a show as professional and impressive as this, just unbelievable, get a ticket.”
Words of encouragement were also received from Jonathan Andrew Hume (Simba himself from the Lion King West End) were even offered to the school before the opening night.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
“Good luck Emneth Primary School with your Lion King Jr production. Hope you have a ‘roaringly’ great time,” he said, adding, “if you missed this, you truly missed out.”