Emneth Primary School’s production of The Lion King is a ‘roaring’ success
A sell-out production of The Lion King that was a year in the making finally came to life last week – and it was a performance not to be missed.
Produced and performed by children from Emneth Primary School, preparation for the show – including professional auditions involving panels, parents and nervous would-be actors - began almost one year ago.
Thomas Abbs, deputy headteacher, said: “Talks between senior leadership teams, teachers and governors began, with the words of a potential ‘Lion King’ production being whispered through the school’s corridors.
“By September, it had become a reality: the rights to perform the show were purchased under strict license from Disney and this ‘thing’ was truly underway…”
Last Thursday the show came to life full of colour, with parents saying “it’s hard to believe it was performed by primary school children” and calling it “a performance that many adult amateur dramatic groups would be proud of”.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Steve Tierney, deputy mayor of Wisbech Town Council, said: “You would never believe they could put on a show as professional and impressive as this, just unbelievable, get a ticket.”
Words of encouragement were also received from Jonathan Andrew Hume (Simba himself from the Lion King West End) were even offered to the school before the opening night.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
“Good luck Emneth Primary School with your Lion King Jr production. Hope you have a ‘roaringly’ great time,” he said, adding, “if you missed this, you truly missed out.”