Emneth Primary School closed today after overnight blaze
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Emneth, near Wisbech, is closed today after a fire ripped through one of its classrooms overnight.
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
The school said on social media: “School is closed today (Tuesday) following a fire in a classroom overnight.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect to be open again on Wednesday.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide