Emneth Primary School closed today after overnight blaze
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Emneth, near Wisbech, is closed today after a fire ripped through one of its classrooms overnight.
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
The school said on social media: “School is closed today (Tuesday) following a fire in a classroom overnight.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect to be open again on Wednesday.”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka