Emneth Primary School closed today after overnight blaze
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Emneth, near Wisbech, is closed today after a fire ripped through one of its classrooms overnight.
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
The school said on social media: “School is closed today (Tuesday) following a fire in a classroom overnight.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect to be open again on Wednesday.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims