Emneth Nursery ‘is an outstanding school’ says Ofsted whose inspector found teaching ‘consistently strong’ and the head leads with passion
- Credit: Archant
There are over 80 children enrolled at Emneth Nursery School and according to Ofsted inspector Steve Mellors they are amongst the best looked after in the county.
His recent inspection led simply to the conclusion that "this is an outstanding school".
He described leadership, management, quality of teaching, behaviour, and outcomes for pupils as outstanding and said the school was "a hive of learning and exploration".
Head Holly Bowman was said to lead the school "expertly" and there was praise for her team of "dedicated practitioners".
He said: "Children thrive in the well planned provision. They are busy and content and behave extremely well."
You may also want to watch:
Teaching, he said, was consistently strong and "no time is lost in making every moment a learning opportunity."
Ofsted says children are at the heart of the school's curriculum and children's curiosity and inquisitiveness is developed by building on activities that interest them.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
"First-hand experiences enrich children's learning and effectively promote their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development," says Mr Mellors.
Governors and staff are all praised for their roles in keeping the nursery up to such a high standard but of the head he says she leads the school "with determination and passion, ensuring that children achieve the best outcomes possible.
"As a result of her ambition the school has improved quickly since the previous inspection".
Mr Mellors said: "The curriculum is expertly constructed to spark children's interests and give them a deep love of learning.
"Their curiosity and sense of wonder is promoted through careful consideration of the type of resources, equipment and learning areas created both inside the classroom and outdoors."
And he added: "The school's work to promote pupils; personal development and welfare is outstanding; the behaviour of pupils is also outstanding."
Head teacher Holly Bowman said: "We are incredibly happy to be recognised as outstanding.
"This is testament to the hard work and dedication of everyone that works here who daily go above and beyond for children and families."
She said: "Last year our day-care provision was graded outstanding so with the nursery school gaining this grade we have achieved the double which is a considerable achievement within a challenging educational climate and with much closer scrutiny.
"I cannot be more proud of everyone and also thank our governors who give up their own time to support me to lead this outstanding school."