Dozens of Christmas trees decorated by villagers at Emneth festival
- Credit: Archant
The bi-annual community Christmas tree festival in Emneth was a great success this year – with over 20 entries from villagers.
Different businesses, groups and organisations from the village took part, decorating their trees to impress visitors.
The festival took place at the Emneth Methodist Church on Saturday December 2 and Sunday December 3.
A spokesman said: “The festival is held bi-annually to publicise & give thanks for the amenities in our village.
“Many people came to see the trees on Saturday and enjoyed hot sausages rolls & mince pies with their tea & coffee.
You may also want to watch:
“We would have been delighted to have welcomed more people from the community to the service on Sunday afternoon when prayers for the village were said along with carol singing.”
“The trees will stay up until the New Year, so anyone is welcome to pop in when we are open for our weekly groups on Monday mornings & Thursday afternoon.”
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 9 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed