Dozens of Christmas trees decorated by villagers at Emneth festival
- Credit: Archant
The bi-annual community Christmas tree festival in Emneth was a great success this year – with over 20 entries from villagers.
Different businesses, groups and organisations from the village took part, decorating their trees to impress visitors.
The festival took place at the Emneth Methodist Church on Saturday December 2 and Sunday December 3.
A spokesman said: “The festival is held bi-annually to publicise & give thanks for the amenities in our village.
“Many people came to see the trees on Saturday and enjoyed hot sausages rolls & mince pies with their tea & coffee.
You may also want to watch:
“We would have been delighted to have welcomed more people from the community to the service on Sunday afternoon when prayers for the village were said along with carol singing.”
“The trees will stay up until the New Year, so anyone is welcome to pop in when we are open for our weekly groups on Monday mornings & Thursday afternoon.”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked