Emneth Academy students raise hundreds for Alzheimer’s Society charity
- Credit: Archant
Students at Emneth Academy have raised almost £700 for the Alzheimer’s Society charity.
In May, the academy children added £151 to the total from a non-school uniform day, designed to raise awareness.
The total raised so far stands at £671.
Teaching assistant Kate Barnes said: “The school council came up with a list of prospective charities and got the children to vote on the one they felt they wanted to help the most this year.
“Alzheimer’s Society came out on top because a lot of the older children in Key Stage Two could relate to this, as they have a family member suffering with alzheimer’s or dementia, or knew of someone who had it.
You may also want to watch:
“Their fundraising efforts are a credit to the school.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal