Emneth Academy students raise hundreds for Alzheimer’s Society charity
- Credit: Archant
Students at Emneth Academy have raised almost £700 for the Alzheimer’s Society charity.
In May, the academy children added £151 to the total from a non-school uniform day, designed to raise awareness.
The total raised so far stands at £671.
Teaching assistant Kate Barnes said: “The school council came up with a list of prospective charities and got the children to vote on the one they felt they wanted to help the most this year.
“Alzheimer’s Society came out on top because a lot of the older children in Key Stage Two could relate to this, as they have a family member suffering with alzheimer’s or dementia, or knew of someone who had it.
You may also want to watch:
“Their fundraising efforts are a credit to the school.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire