Tributes are being paid to Emlyn Moment, an inspiration to young actors at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a man who has been called one of the theatre family at the Angles in Wisbech.
Emlyn Moment has been involved since the early 90’s whether it was through graphic design, website management, directing shows, being a trustee, a performer, a teacher and an all round inspiration.
Rob Williams, theatre manager, said: “It is with true sadness that we announce the passing of a dedicated trustee, inspirational director, talented actor and more importantly a member of our theatre family.
“He formed the theatre’s school of musical theatre “Ratzcool” and is a testament to his dedication and effort that the school is at record numbers of pupils.
“I have worked on nearly every show with him since then as a technician, performer or just as someone sticking their oar in and I am truly lucky to have been directed by him in his last RATz Musical Peter Pan.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Williams said that Emlyn has directed every RATz youth musical since it’s formation in 2004 including Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, Grease, Bugsy Malone, Wizard Of Oz, Oliver and Peter Pan.
His shows have won numerous awards.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
Tributes are flooding the theatre’s Facebook page.
Rob said: “Whatever the show or event he would always have a plan, nothing seemed to phase him and he could never get and stay angry at a company.
“I remember him shouting at one cast after an absolutely awful rehearsal, kids were in tears and most looked shocked. I had never seen Emlyn so angry, well that was until he turned round to me at the back of the theatre and burst out giggling!
“The theatre will certainly not be the same without him, every youth show you would find him stood by front of house trying to make the cast on stage laugh and somehow inspiring a group of 60 kids to put on a huge musical and getting them moving at 10am on a cold January morning.
“Over the years he has helped shape what this theatre stands for and I’m not sure how or even if we will be able to replace him, but one thing is for sure, everyone who knew him, worked with him, or were taught by him are all better people because of it.”