Historic Ely House in Wisbech opened to public prior to sale
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech estate agent is offering people the chance to explore an iconic Grade II listed property before its put on sale.
Ely House in Wisbech, which is believed to be one of the oldest, last-surviving historic buildings in the area, dates back to the 17th Century.
Alex Doggett, resident and owner of Aboda Homes Estate Agent Wisbech, said: “Like many other people passing the home on a regular basis, I often wondered what it was like inside.
“Over 14,000 people saw my post on Facebook in just two days. Many people commented that they would love to see inside.
“I felt the right thing to do was offer the same opportunity and privilege as I had been given to see this wonderful historical home with so much retained original period character.”
You may also want to watch:
The public preview takes place on Sunday October 22 from 1-3pm.
Contact Alex at Aboda on 03333 440773, email email@example.com or visit www.abodahomes.com for more information.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening