McDonald’s restaurants closed due to coronavirus could reopen for drive-thru tomorrow
- Credit: Â© Terry Harris
McDonald’s restaurants in Wisbech and Ely forced shut due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic could reopen tomorrow for drive-thru.
Fastfood fans could be in for a treat tomorrow as all McDonald’s drive-thrus across the UK and Ireland are set to reopen by Thursday, June 4.
Six of the chain’s Peterborough restaurants have already reopened and the only ones left behind are the Cromwell Road and Ely Leisure Village stores in the Fens.
Paul Pomroy, chief executive officer of McDonald’s UK and Ireland, said: “Moving in step with government guidelines, we plan to reopen all our drive-thrus by early June.
“There has been an incredible response to news of our reopening and we know many of you are eager for us to extend our reopening plans at a faster pace.
“The wellbeing of our employees, suppliers and delivery partners’ couriers is my top priority and we will only extend our plans at a pace that enables us to create a safe working environment for our teams.
There will be a maximum spend in place, with a limit of £25 per order, while reduced hours, 11am to 10pm, will be implemented. McDonalds breakfast will not be returning.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
Mr Pomroy added: “In line with government guidance, next week we will begin the next phase of reopening a further 30 pilot restaurants in the UK and Ireland, offering service through the Drive-Thru lane from May 20.
“We will keep the restaurant locator on our website updated as our Drive Thrus reopen over the coming weeks.”