Elm woman who lost a stone in six weeks is new leader of Elm’s Slimming World group
- Credit: Archant
An Elm woman who dropped a jean size and lost a stone in six weeks is encouraging people to join the local Slimming World group.
Carrie McNaughton, who joined the group nine weeks ago, has now trained as a consultant and will take over the Elm group on Tuesday May 2 at Elm Primary School.
The mum of two, who is a self-employed mobile hairdresser, said dinner planning is vital: “With Slimming World, you never feel like you’re on a diet. The eating plan encourages you to eat lots of tasty, filling foods like pasta, rice, potatoes and lean meat and fish.
“You are never hungry and no foods are banned so there’s no deprivation. I couldn’t believe I’d found a way to lose weight without starving myself.
“Support is really the most important thing with Slimming World, with setting targets, sharing recipes and other ideas, also working together as a group to overcome challenges and celebrate success.
“Slimming World has helped me personally as I have gone from having to take medication because of a hip problem to losing the weight around that area which in turn equalled less pressure on my hips. I have now been off my medication for the last 6 weeks.
“I wanted a new challenge and one that would fit around my daily routine. I am looking forward to helping and empowering members to take control of their own weight loss journey.”
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 6 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 7 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
Helen Moore, who runs Slimming World’s March group and manages Carrie as a team developer, said: “With Carrie’s experience of being a successful member and her kind, warm personality and great sense of humour I just know that she’ll be an amazing support to members, cheering them all the way to their target weight.”
Carrie’s Slimming World group will be held at Elm Primary School every Tuesday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm from Tuesday May 2.
For more information or to join Carrie’s group either pop along on the night or call 07876 636833.