Elm man adds £1,240 to total he’s raised for Help for Heroes
- Credit: Archant
An Elm man who regularly fundraises for Help for Heroes has added more than £1,000 to his total.
Peter Bryant, who has taken part in numerous cycling events for charity, raised the money by running a stall at Asda, Wisbech.
With the help of his wife and a few friends, £857.88 was put in the collection buckets whilst a further £382 came from merchandise sales.
The total, of £1,240.38, beats his previous best efforts from 2013.
He said: “I am very pleased with the outcome and would like to thank everyone who donated or brought something from our stall.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bryant, who has completed rides in aid of Help the Heroes in the past, has carried out research into his family’s history and found he lost three family members at the Somme.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl