Elm man adds £1,240 to total he’s raised for Help for Heroes
- Credit: Archant
An Elm man who regularly fundraises for Help for Heroes has added more than £1,000 to his total.
Peter Bryant, who has taken part in numerous cycling events for charity, raised the money by running a stall at Asda, Wisbech.
With the help of his wife and a few friends, £857.88 was put in the collection buckets whilst a further £382 came from merchandise sales.
The total, of £1,240.38, beats his previous best efforts from 2013.
He said: “I am very pleased with the outcome and would like to thank everyone who donated or brought something from our stall.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bryant, who has completed rides in aid of Help the Heroes in the past, has carried out research into his family’s history and found he lost three family members at the Somme.
- 1 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 2 Dashcam captures the moment motorcyclist narrowly misses car
- 3 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 £20m drugs conspiracy: 22 gang members jailed for 200 years
- 6 Pub to reopen BBQ restaurant this week
- 7 'Many reasons' for Syrah ahead of half-marathon return
- 8 Woman with knife 'made threats and caused damage' in shop
- 9 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 10 Nitrous oxide bottles no laughing matter say Fenland police