Elizabeth’s Mendis birthday bash raises £620 for the Macmillan Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital
A Wisbech woman decided she would have a 60th birthday celebration with a difference - her party raised £620 for the Macmillan Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Elizabeth McManus, wife of Wisbech Town legend Roy McManus, has received chemotherapy at the MacMillan Centre.
Her charity driven birthday party, held at Mendis, included a raffle with prizes donated from Wisbech businesses.
Mrs McManus said: “I had my 60th birthday in June and wanted to have a big party. I have had lots of treatment at the chemo rooms at the Macmillan Centre in the Queen Elizabeth hospital and am so pleased to be here to celebrate it.
“The party was held in Mendis and we did a huge raffle all with donated prizes from various businesses in Wisbech and friends and family donations.
You may also want to watch:
“All together we raised £620. We took this over to the Macmillan Centre and presented it to one of the lovely nurses.”
- 1 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail