Elizabeth’s Mendis birthday bash raises £620 for the Macmillan Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital
A Wisbech woman decided she would have a 60th birthday celebration with a difference - her party raised £620 for the Macmillan Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Elizabeth McManus, wife of Wisbech Town legend Roy McManus, has received chemotherapy at the MacMillan Centre.
Her charity driven birthday party, held at Mendis, included a raffle with prizes donated from Wisbech businesses.
Mrs McManus said: “I had my 60th birthday in June and wanted to have a big party. I have had lots of treatment at the chemo rooms at the Macmillan Centre in the Queen Elizabeth hospital and am so pleased to be here to celebrate it.
“The party was held in Mendis and we did a huge raffle all with donated prizes from various businesses in Wisbech and friends and family donations.
You may also want to watch:
“All together we raised £620. We took this over to the Macmillan Centre and presented it to one of the lovely nurses.”
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes