Elizabeth’s Mendis birthday bash raises £620 for the Macmillan Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital
A Wisbech woman decided she would have a 60th birthday celebration with a difference - her party raised £620 for the Macmillan Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Elizabeth McManus, wife of Wisbech Town legend Roy McManus, has received chemotherapy at the MacMillan Centre.
Her charity driven birthday party, held at Mendis, included a raffle with prizes donated from Wisbech businesses.
Mrs McManus said: “I had my 60th birthday in June and wanted to have a big party. I have had lots of treatment at the chemo rooms at the Macmillan Centre in the Queen Elizabeth hospital and am so pleased to be here to celebrate it.
“The party was held in Mendis and we did a huge raffle all with donated prizes from various businesses in Wisbech and friends and family donations.
You may also want to watch:
“All together we raised £620. We took this over to the Macmillan Centre and presented it to one of the lovely nurses.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad