Wisbech brewer Elgoods bags a silver at a prestigious awards event
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood have received a silver medal for the latest addition to their range of sour beers.
The family firm received recognition for its Coolship mango sour.
Alan Pateman, Elgood’s head brewer, a judge at the event, said, “We are very pleased indeed to receive yet another award for one of our Sour Beers. “As one of the first UK breweries to develop a Belgian-style, naturally fermented beer, we have been delighted with the continued success of these products in winning prestigious awards.
“This is, of course, reflected in the popularity of the beers in the market place.”
Judged by brewers and industry experts and organised by the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) at their flagship BeerX event in Liverpool, the awards run across a huge range of beer style categories in cask, craft keg, bottle and can.
You may also want to watch:
Elgood’s Coolship mango sour was awarded silver in the speciality light beers category.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 7 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region