Wisbech brewer Elgoods bags a silver at a prestigious awards event
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood have received a silver medal for the latest addition to their range of sour beers.
The family firm received recognition for its Coolship mango sour.
Alan Pateman, Elgood’s head brewer, a judge at the event, said, “We are very pleased indeed to receive yet another award for one of our Sour Beers. “As one of the first UK breweries to develop a Belgian-style, naturally fermented beer, we have been delighted with the continued success of these products in winning prestigious awards.
“This is, of course, reflected in the popularity of the beers in the market place.”
Judged by brewers and industry experts and organised by the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) at their flagship BeerX event in Liverpool, the awards run across a huge range of beer style categories in cask, craft keg, bottle and can.
You may also want to watch:
Elgood’s Coolship mango sour was awarded silver in the speciality light beers category.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out