Elgood’s events raise £1,241 to help Norfolk Hospice Tapping House
- Credit: Archant
Elgood & Sons donated £1,241 to Norfolk Hospice Tapping House at their Christmas event thanks to fundraising events held throughout the year.
Rebekah Mills, of the Norfolk Hospice, said: “All the funds raised go directly to providing vital care to people with life-limiting illnesses in the local community.”
The Wisbech brewers held a raffle which raised £160. Prizes included a Christmas cake and Christmas pudding, made and donated by Sheila Wright of Sutton St James.
There was also a selection of items donated by the brewery and stallholders at the craft fair.
Craft fairs held in May and September in the Brewery Gardens raised £340 for Tapping House, while a Father’s Day raffle at a Wisbech Jazz Club event raised £293.
You may also want to watch:
Further donations were given by Skylark Studios from Tydd, visiting bell ringers, garden visitors and brewery staff.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide