Elgood’s Brewery extends opening times and prepares for 2018 season
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech are preparing the visitor centre and four acres of gardens for the 2018 season, as well extending opening times and adding longer opening hours.
The extension will see the café open Tuesday to Friday from 10.30am to 4.30pm, giving visitors an extra day and longer hours to enjoy the gardens.
A spokesman said: “The four-acre garden is a wonderful place to explore; peaceful and relaxing with beautiful trees, a maze in the shape of a yard of ale, carp-filled lake, herbaceous borders, roses and so much more.
“Each day at 2 pm, visitors can take a tour of the classic Georgian brewery and learn the history of the brewery and the Elgood family as well as seeing how Elgood’s beers are made.
“At the end of the tour, there is an opportunity to try a selection of the beers back in the licensed café bar.”
You may also want to watch:
Events throughout the season are:
• Sunday May 13 - Craft & Plant Show
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
• Sunday June 17 - Father’s Day Jazz in the Garden
• Sunday August 5 - National Gardens Scheme Open Day
• Sunday September 2 - Craft & Plant Show
• Saturday and Sunday December 1 and 2 - Christmas Special Weekend
For more information, call: 01945 583160 or visit: www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk