Elgood’s Brewery extends opening times and prepares for 2018 season
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech are preparing the visitor centre and four acres of gardens for the 2018 season, as well extending opening times and adding longer opening hours.
The extension will see the café open Tuesday to Friday from 10.30am to 4.30pm, giving visitors an extra day and longer hours to enjoy the gardens.
A spokesman said: “The four-acre garden is a wonderful place to explore; peaceful and relaxing with beautiful trees, a maze in the shape of a yard of ale, carp-filled lake, herbaceous borders, roses and so much more.
“Each day at 2 pm, visitors can take a tour of the classic Georgian brewery and learn the history of the brewery and the Elgood family as well as seeing how Elgood’s beers are made.
“At the end of the tour, there is an opportunity to try a selection of the beers back in the licensed café bar.”
Events throughout the season are:
• Sunday May 13 - Craft & Plant Show
- 1 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 2 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 3 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 4 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 9 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
• Sunday June 17 - Father’s Day Jazz in the Garden
• Sunday August 5 - National Gardens Scheme Open Day
• Sunday September 2 - Craft & Plant Show
• Saturday and Sunday December 1 and 2 - Christmas Special Weekend
For more information, call: 01945 583160 or visit: www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk