Elgood's and the WWT toast the success of Double Swan beer
FOR many people, sitting by the Welney Washes and watching the sun go down with a tasty beer would be the ideal way to spend a summer s evening. To mark a successful collaboration between Elgood s Brewery and the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, a lunch was
FOR many people, sitting by the Welney Washes and watching the sun go down with a tasty beer would be the ideal way to spend a summer's evening.
To mark a successful collaboration between Elgood's Brewery and the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, a lunch was held at the Lamb and Flag pub in Welney on Friday.
Elgood's launched the beer for the 22nd Peterborough Beer Festival several years ago.
The image of two Mute Swans representing the number 22 was used as a logo.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Pateman, head brewer at Elgood's Brewery, said: "The beer was supposed to be a one off for the festival, but was very popular so we kept making it.
"We asked the WWT Centre if we could use their logo, which features Whooper Swans. They come to Welney every year and this is a good way of giving the beer a local identity. They were happy to do it."
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
Mr Pateman and Elgood's managing director Belinda Sutton gave WWT Centre manager Julie Ward a �260 donation to the centre at Friday's lunch.
The amount is based on a proportion of sales of the cask version of the beer.