ELECTION SPECIAL: Steve Tierney wins Wisbech West with what can only be described as a thumping big majority
- Credit: Archant
In Wisbech West the size and scale of Steve Tierney’s victory was as impressive as anywhere within the county.
UKIP’s Paul Clapp had realised his seat was in jeopardy but probably not even he could have foreseen the collapse in his share of the vote.
Cllr Tierney polled 1,076 – and although he came second Mr Clapp could manage just 211 votes.
Ironically Cllr Tierney lost his seat to UKIP four years ago.
Cllr Tierney described it as “the nicest campaign I have been involved with”.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clapp said it had been an honour to serve for the past four years.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Paul CLAPP (UKIP) 211
Tina EYRES (L) 190
Jane FEAVIOUR-CLARKE (G) 70
Sharon HORNE (I) 119
Jonathan MILLER (I) 37
Christopher ROSS (LD) 61
Steve Tierney (C) 1,076