ELECTION SPECIAL: Steve Tierney wins Wisbech West with what can only be described as a thumping big majority
- Credit: Archant
In Wisbech West the size and scale of Steve Tierney’s victory was as impressive as anywhere within the county.
UKIP’s Paul Clapp had realised his seat was in jeopardy but probably not even he could have foreseen the collapse in his share of the vote.
Cllr Tierney polled 1,076 – and although he came second Mr Clapp could manage just 211 votes.
Ironically Cllr Tierney lost his seat to UKIP four years ago.
Cllr Tierney described it as “the nicest campaign I have been involved with”.
Mr Clapp said it had been an honour to serve for the past four years.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 7 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Paul CLAPP (UKIP) 211
Tina EYRES (L) 190
Jane FEAVIOUR-CLARKE (G) 70
Sharon HORNE (I) 119
Jonathan MILLER (I) 37
Christopher ROSS (LD) 61
Steve Tierney (C) 1,076