ELECTION SPECIAL: Steve Tierney wins Wisbech West with what can only be described as a thumping big majority
- Credit: Archant
In Wisbech West the size and scale of Steve Tierney’s victory was as impressive as anywhere within the county.
UKIP’s Paul Clapp had realised his seat was in jeopardy but probably not even he could have foreseen the collapse in his share of the vote.
Cllr Tierney polled 1,076 – and although he came second Mr Clapp could manage just 211 votes.
Ironically Cllr Tierney lost his seat to UKIP four years ago.
Cllr Tierney described it as “the nicest campaign I have been involved with”.
Mr Clapp said it had been an honour to serve for the past four years.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
Paul CLAPP (UKIP) 211
Tina EYRES (L) 190
Jane FEAVIOUR-CLARKE (G) 70
Sharon HORNE (I) 119
Jonathan MILLER (I) 37
Christopher ROSS (LD) 61
Steve Tierney (C) 1,076