ELECTION SPECIAL: Steve Tierney wins Wisbech West with what can only be described as a thumping big majority
- Credit: Archant
In Wisbech West the size and scale of Steve Tierney’s victory was as impressive as anywhere within the county.
UKIP’s Paul Clapp had realised his seat was in jeopardy but probably not even he could have foreseen the collapse in his share of the vote.
Cllr Tierney polled 1,076 – and although he came second Mr Clapp could manage just 211 votes.
Ironically Cllr Tierney lost his seat to UKIP four years ago.
Cllr Tierney described it as “the nicest campaign I have been involved with”.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clapp said it had been an honour to serve for the past four years.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
Paul CLAPP (UKIP) 211
Tina EYRES (L) 190
Jane FEAVIOUR-CLARKE (G) 70
Sharon HORNE (I) 119
Jonathan MILLER (I) 37
Christopher ROSS (LD) 61
Steve Tierney (C) 1,076