ELECTION SPECIAL: Simon King triumphant in Roman Bank and Peckover
- Credit: Archant
Thoughts of a possible electoral upset were swiftly discounted as the votes piled up for Simon King who is on his way back to Shire Hall.
He topped the poll in Roman Bank and Peckover – and by a comfortable margine.
He said: “It’s a really good time to be a Conservative. You can’t separate national trends from local politics. “Theresa May is a really popular prime minister.
“I’m well known, having been in this for a long time and the commitment I give is that I promise to represent everybody regardless of their politics. In the rural areas the consistent concern is speeding, traffics issues and parking.”
Simon King (C) 1,455
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Booth (LD) 615
Chris Schooling (UKIP) 364
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
Jess Hibbert (L) 252
29.1% turn out
13 spoilt papers