ELECTION SPECIAL: Simon King triumphant in Roman Bank and Peckover
- Credit: Archant
Thoughts of a possible electoral upset were swiftly discounted as the votes piled up for Simon King who is on his way back to Shire Hall.
He topped the poll in Roman Bank and Peckover – and by a comfortable margine.
He said: “It’s a really good time to be a Conservative. You can’t separate national trends from local politics. “Theresa May is a really popular prime minister.
“I’m well known, having been in this for a long time and the commitment I give is that I promise to represent everybody regardless of their politics. In the rural areas the consistent concern is speeding, traffics issues and parking.”
Simon King (C) 1,455
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Booth (LD) 615
Chris Schooling (UKIP) 364
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
Jess Hibbert (L) 252
29.1% turn out
13 spoilt papers