ELECTION SPECIAL: Simon King triumphant in Roman Bank and Peckover
- Credit: Archant
Thoughts of a possible electoral upset were swiftly discounted as the votes piled up for Simon King who is on his way back to Shire Hall.
He topped the poll in Roman Bank and Peckover – and by a comfortable margine.
He said: “It’s a really good time to be a Conservative. You can’t separate national trends from local politics. “Theresa May is a really popular prime minister.
“I’m well known, having been in this for a long time and the commitment I give is that I promise to represent everybody regardless of their politics. In the rural areas the consistent concern is speeding, traffics issues and parking.”
Simon King (C) 1,455
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Booth (LD) 615
Chris Schooling (UKIP) 364
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
Jess Hibbert (L) 252
29.1% turn out
13 spoilt papers