ELECTION POLL: Nearly 4,500 votes cast in our exclusive on line poll and Tories still ahead
INDEPENDENTS, Greens and UKIP look to be heading for a poor showing in the Cambridgeshire County Council elections if the result of the Cambs Times/ Wisbech Standard/ Cambs 24 on line poll is anything to go by. By midday today nearly 4,500 votes had been
INDEPENDENTS, Greens and UKIP look to be heading for a poor showing in the Cambridgeshire County Council elections if the result of the Cambs Times/ Wisbech Standard/ Cambs 24 on line poll is anything to go by.
By midday today nearly 4,500 votes had been cast in our on line poll but only two per cent- just 104 of you- had decided to support an independent candidate.
UKIP fared marginally better with five per cent of the predicted vote, gaining 232 votes in our on line poll.
But the most intriguing contest remains that between Conservatives and Labour with just 260 votes dividing the parties.
You may also want to watch:
The poll gives Conservative 1,798 votes (41 per cent) whilst Labour received 35 per cent of the votes (1,534).
Liberal Democrats remain in the place with just 14 per cent - a total of 609 votes.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
• Conservative - 41 % - 1798 votes
• Labour - 35% - 1534 votes
• Liberal Democrats - 14% - 609 votes
• Green Party - 2% - 71 votes
• UKIP - 5% - 232 votes
• Don't Know - 1% - 64 votes
• Independent/Other - 2% - 104 votes