ELECTION POLL: Nearly 4,500 votes cast in our exclusive on line poll and Tories still ahead
INDEPENDENTS, Greens and UKIP look to be heading for a poor showing in the Cambridgeshire County Council elections if the result of the Cambs Times/ Wisbech Standard/ Cambs 24 on line poll is anything to go by. By midday today nearly 4,500 votes had been
INDEPENDENTS, Greens and UKIP look to be heading for a poor showing in the Cambridgeshire County Council elections if the result of the Cambs Times/ Wisbech Standard/ Cambs 24 on line poll is anything to go by.
By midday today nearly 4,500 votes had been cast in our on line poll but only two per cent- just 104 of you- had decided to support an independent candidate.
UKIP fared marginally better with five per cent of the predicted vote, gaining 232 votes in our on line poll.
But the most intriguing contest remains that between Conservatives and Labour with just 260 votes dividing the parties.
You may also want to watch:
The poll gives Conservative 1,798 votes (41 per cent) whilst Labour received 35 per cent of the votes (1,534).
Liberal Democrats remain in the place with just 14 per cent - a total of 609 votes.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
• Conservative - 41 % - 1798 votes
• Labour - 35% - 1534 votes
• Liberal Democrats - 14% - 609 votes
• Green Party - 2% - 71 votes
• UKIP - 5% - 232 votes
• Don't Know - 1% - 64 votes
• Independent/Other - 2% - 104 votes