Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- Credit: Eleanor Whibley
A photographer from March has won the family photographer of the year award at the Newborn and Portrait show in Coventry.
Eleanor Whibley beat hundreds of other entries to walk away with the highly regarded award.
Her portrait of sisters Wisdom (15), Glory (13) and Blessing (11) impressed the judges, with the impact of the image and how she captured their close connections.
Eleanor met the girls through the Woodgate foodbank in Leicester that her friend manages.
“I’m so proud of this photo and of my own journey,” said Eleanor.
“I’ve been working delivering meals on wheels and as a single mum starting a freelance business has not been easy.
“I have a small studio and have worked part time photographing families for the last seven years.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 6 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
“It was a heart-warming moment letting the girls’ family know that the image had won first place.
“I plan on taking them out for a treat to say thank you.”