Eight injured and five trapped after van leaves the A1101 near Wisbech - road will stay closed till further notice
- Credit: Archant
Eight people were injured and five were trapped in a van that crashed into a ditch at Leverington near Wisbech.
Fire crews rushed to Sutton Road on the A1101 at around 6am today after receiving reports that people were trapped.
Firefighters from Wisbech and King’s Lynn worked to free the five people trapped inside the vehicle.
The three crews then provided care until a fleet of ambulances arrived.
Fenland Police have said the road will remain closed for “some time due to a serious injury”.
You may also want to watch:
Sutton road is blocked in both directions between the Parson Drove Lane junction and the Dowgate Road junction.
Fenland Police tweeted: “Sutton Road #Wisbech is going to be closed for some time due to a serious injury”.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
The A1101 Sutton Road at its junction with Parson Drove Lane near Wisbech is closed following a serious accident earlier today.
Police advised motorists to take alternative routes and expect the road to remain closed for some time.
“Specialist crews now on scene assisting,” said a police spokesman.
Police said Magpas Helimedix are on the scene “and assisting with injured parties.”
The spokesman said: “A1101 Sutton Road is going to be closed for some time due to a serious injury road traffic accident”.
Police emphasis the A1101 is closed in both directions.