Jail for man after police find cannabis factory at his Wisbech home - the plants had a street value of £29,000 to £87,000
- Credit: Archant
A man who converted his Wisbech home into a cannabis factory growing plants with a street value of up to £87,000 has been jailed for two and a half years.
Edvinas Gulbinas, 29, was caught growing the plants at the property in Welbeck Road when police visited to speak to him about a separate investigation.
The officers found 104 cannabis plants, later valued at between £29,000 and £87,000, being grown in four bedrooms and the garage.
Today (August 29) at Cambridge Crown Court Gulbinas was sentenced to 30 months in prison, having pleaded guilty to producing cannabis at a previous hearing.
DC John Bimson said: "We are committed to tackling the production and supply of drugs by bringing people before the courts.
You may also want to watch:
"Those involved in the illegal drugs trade take advantage of people's addictions and exploit the vulnerable to make their money.
"Drugs can also be linked to other crimes such as serious street-based violence and burglary, both of which are force priorities."
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
If you suspect somebody is involved in drug dealing, report this to us online at https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report or calling 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.