Jail for man after police find cannabis factory at his Wisbech home - the plants had a street value of £29,000 to £87,000
- Credit: Archant
A man who converted his Wisbech home into a cannabis factory growing plants with a street value of up to £87,000 has been jailed for two and a half years.
Edvinas Gulbinas, 29, was caught growing the plants at the property in Welbeck Road when police visited to speak to him about a separate investigation.
The officers found 104 cannabis plants, later valued at between £29,000 and £87,000, being grown in four bedrooms and the garage.
Today (August 29) at Cambridge Crown Court Gulbinas was sentenced to 30 months in prison, having pleaded guilty to producing cannabis at a previous hearing.
DC John Bimson said: "We are committed to tackling the production and supply of drugs by bringing people before the courts.
You may also want to watch:
"Those involved in the illegal drugs trade take advantage of people's addictions and exploit the vulnerable to make their money.
"Drugs can also be linked to other crimes such as serious street-based violence and burglary, both of which are force priorities."
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
If you suspect somebody is involved in drug dealing, report this to us online at https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report or calling 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.