Jail for man after police find cannabis factory at his Wisbech home - the plants had a street value of £29,000 to £87,000
- Credit: Archant
A man who converted his Wisbech home into a cannabis factory growing plants with a street value of up to £87,000 has been jailed for two and a half years.
Edvinas Gulbinas, 29, was caught growing the plants at the property in Welbeck Road when police visited to speak to him about a separate investigation.
The officers found 104 cannabis plants, later valued at between £29,000 and £87,000, being grown in four bedrooms and the garage.
Today (August 29) at Cambridge Crown Court Gulbinas was sentenced to 30 months in prison, having pleaded guilty to producing cannabis at a previous hearing.
DC John Bimson said: "We are committed to tackling the production and supply of drugs by bringing people before the courts.
"Those involved in the illegal drugs trade take advantage of people's addictions and exploit the vulnerable to make their money.
"Drugs can also be linked to other crimes such as serious street-based violence and burglary, both of which are force priorities."
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 6 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 7 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
If you suspect somebody is involved in drug dealing, report this to us online at https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report or calling 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.