Showcase status for Academy
- Credit: The Thomas Clarkson Academy
A Wisbech Academy has been awarded showcase status by technology giant Microsoft.
The Thomas Clarkson Academy is among a ‘prestigious’ group of schools around the world to be awarded.
It is one of around 50 in the country which exemplify the best of teaching among an elite group recognised by Microsoft for commitment and attainment in preparing students for the future.
“The school had to clear several hurdles to receive its accreditation," said director of digital technology, Dr Trevor Jones.
"This included demonstrating the use of Microsoft solutions within innovative technology."
"It will ensure students have the skills needed in future workplaces."
The award is shared with the wider community which supports the academy in its aspirations.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
Parents and friends donated a range of devices to the academy during the pandemic, ensuring everyone had the access they needed whilst lessons were remote.