Showcase status for Academy
- Credit: The Thomas Clarkson Academy
A Wisbech Academy has been awarded showcase status by technology giant Microsoft.
The Thomas Clarkson Academy is among a ‘prestigious’ group of schools around the world to be awarded.
It is one of around 50 in the country which exemplify the best of teaching among an elite group recognised by Microsoft for commitment and attainment in preparing students for the future.
“The school had to clear several hurdles to receive its accreditation," said director of digital technology, Dr Trevor Jones.
"This included demonstrating the use of Microsoft solutions within innovative technology."
You may also want to watch:
"It will ensure students have the skills needed in future workplaces."
The award is shared with the wider community which supports the academy in its aspirations.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Parents and friends donated a range of devices to the academy during the pandemic, ensuring everyone had the access they needed whilst lessons were remote.