Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- Credit: Peckover Primary School
Students slipped on their dancing shoes and donned their finest fancy dress to raise over £500 for this year’s Children in Need campaign.
Pupils and staff at Peckover Primary School in Wisbech held the fundraising event on November 19.
Kate Kendal, principal of Peckover Primary School, said: “We are so proud to have raised such an incredible amount.”
Pupils arrived in fancy dress or other non-uniform, before they were joined by school and nursery staff during the afternoon to perform ‘By Your Side’ by Tom Grennan and Calvin Harris.
The school also held a cake sale and created a giant version of Pudsey bear with one and two pence coins.
“It was amazing to see our students, staff and community come together and show such enthusiasm to support other children across the UK,” said Ms Kendal.
Vice-principal Esther Fletcher, who co-ordinated the event, added: “The response from parents and staff has been brilliant.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 6 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
“I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has donated and supported the event; we are extremely grateful.”