‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- Credit: Orchards C of E Primary and Nursery Academy
A school in Wisbech has been praised during a visit from an author and national literacy hero for its pupils' “strong focus” on literacy.
Multi-award writer and storyteller, Richard O’Neill visited Orchards C of E Primary and Nursery Academy, and spent the day working with children from nursery through to Year 6.
Children were treated to a range of Richard’s original stories, readings from his books and writing and story creating workshops.
Richard, who has two new books out this year, said: “It’s clear that at Orchards, there’s a strong focus on literacy.
“The children and staff certainly enjoy their stories and books!”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Mrs Cullen, said: “Our children and school community deserve the very best.
“That includes giving them access to interactive experiences like this which helps them to have a real-life experience of creativity.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
“This not only helps them develop their literacy but also their oracy too."